Be drunk with something, always!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Subha Nababorsho!


I am a datawarehouse developer. I develop performance reports for big small companies (can’t think of any simpler definitions for what I do). In all such projects majority of the work is driven by fiscal calendar. And it is very confusing sometimes. We Bengalis were smarter that way. No such Julian/fiscal rubbish. Year begins with halkhata.

April 15th, dawn of another Bengali new year. 1417. A very hot day, with frequent power cuts. My pc monitor’s gone bust. Because of the heat or me consistently fisting it (that’s what has been recently needed to get it started) I don’t know.

Thought of taking a nap in the afternoon but my manager called me up and said that I had to fix a bug in my report. And that was urgent. Like it ever was otherwise! By the time I was done I was feeling none too sleepy.

Went to my would-be apartment for want of anything better. The place cools my nerves. My promoter says hopefully he’d finish my apartment by this year. I tell him that I am in no particular hurry as the more he makes me wait the more will I be able to appreciate the money I am putting in. Spent the evening discussing marble and tile shades with ma. The discussion didn’t go so well and one thing led to another as she ended up prophesizing that I will be going for cheap hotels in my post-marriage vacations. God bless womankind!

4 comments:

Sayan said...

Shubho noboborsho.....and advance congratulations for your marriage :P

The Elven Blacksmith said...

aa molo....having discussions about post-marriage vacations do not necessarily mean an impending inevitable... :D

your worries are unfounded. :)

Unknown said...

His worries might be unfounded. But what about yours ? Do you still think you can possibly end up with a bride who won't be running away from the altar ?

The Elven Blacksmith said...

For the life of me....I can't

You know the truth of what you speak.... :) only do you know its relevance? :D