Be drunk with something, always!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Coincidences

Funny thing with coincidences,
They have a story of their own,
How a letter long lost,
Finds its purpose, so near,
At the throw of a stone.
The object of my affection,
Forever elusive, and so untraced,
Finds its way back to me, quite strangely,
And I am at a loss.
Once again I hear the same hum, same drone,
As I stoop to pick up a sovereign,
Right beneath my chair.
What feelings reach me then?
I know not, but I know,
That I am washed up at a familiar shore.
The water here tastes the same,
Only if a little bitter,
They say ‘it’ never tastes the same.
And I am confused once again,
Who to follow?
My love or my shame…

1 comment:

Viraj said...

At any stage in life, it is indeed difficult to decide to go for it or not. And unfortunately one has to decide it himself/herself...no one can help.