Be drunk with something, always!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sleep

Why don’t you fall asleep?
My dear, my little cup of sugar,
Why don’t you sleep…?
Don’t worry, I won’t hurry,
I shan’t leave you while you sleep!
I am no coward girl,
So learn to be brave…
Tonight sleep with your eyes shut,
Tonight have your dreams once again,
I am by your side,
And I made a promise,
That I shall keep your nightmares at bay,
The ghosts that haunt you,
Shall be no more,
I shall haunt them far, far away…
So sleep sugar,
Sleep with a smile painted across your face,
And maybe if I watch you,
Then I shall learn what it is to be free,
Perhaps maybe then… I shall learn to sleep again!

2 comments:

Shibamouli Lahiri said...

Sleep that I knew was all in one
A nameless wonder, scribbled to none
As a bickering day of drowsy dust
Goes away, I think I must
To sleep in a moment go, as my past
Haunts me out to go to the Last!

Chiradeep Majumder said...

Is that a little romance that I smell so distant in the air!