Be drunk with something, always!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Who am I?
I am your friendly neighbourhood IT consultant.
I am common and I am at large.
I am a late riser. I am most often late to work.
I throng the busy streets at morning and at night.
I am not rich enough to buy a car (I can buy one but maintaining it is an issue). And I am too proud to travel by normal public transport. So I have a peculiar form of transport named after me – the shuttle. Anything from HM ambassadors to Tata Indicas to Honda civics to ambulances, government vehicles to private 4-wheelers ferry me from home to work.
I go to the Sigree and Oh!Calcutta for together-dinners and I drink the lemon masala tea at roadside kiosks.
I don’t vote (because I feel it’s useless) and I don’t donate blood (because I am afraid that I may need all of it someday?).
I am bugged by investment bankers and house loan providers; I am bugged by promotions from my own mobile subscriptions.
I work long hours and I also am distracted enough so that nothing substantial comes of it. I change jobs frequently but I hate it.
If I am single I hate it, if not I hate it even more.
I judge my friends and family, my colleagues and my manager.
I can’t ever own a Ferrari, so I buy a perfume of the same brand.
I have almost no power over things that influence me, over people who hurt me, but I can’t give up scheming because my ideas (good or evil) make me God.

I have learnt that I will never learn to be content.

1 comment:

Sayan said...

So cynical! Though nicely written.